Sunday, May 26, 2013

Cap Coho

Well there is a first for everything, and today was the first day I had fished the Capilano River (aside from fishing the mouth,  which I have done a few times). I got to the river at an ungodly, early hour in the morning and hiked in to find a spot. I did a lot of walking and found some beautiful places to fish but alas I could not hook into an early run coho on the fly or drifting roe. I know the coho are in there,  I saw a few splash and a few shadows swimming in the depths. Not to mention when the day was done I took a walk into the hatchery and saw some beauties in the fish ladder.
It was a nce peaceful morning out and I was fortunate not to see any rain. Maybe next weekend I will head back there and give the river a second try.

No comments:

Post a Comment