Saturday, January 25, 2014

Casting Practice



Another beautiful day in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia! It is still January and I should be bundled up when I go fishing at this time of year, possibly battling ice or snow. However, it was so warm today I was nearly down to fishing with a T-shirt.

This trip was another attempt with my spey rod to hook into some steelhead on the Vedder River. The river was low and clear as we have had little rain in the last week or two and the river
was looking good. Unfortunately, no fish were caught. I did get in some good casting practice though, and as the saying goes... practice makes perfect. I am far from perfect though, but my casting is improving. Hopefully my next outing will produce a fish and boost my confidence in spey fishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment