Friday, August 17, 2018

Socks

Its been a long time but they opened sockeye for retention on the Fraser River.

Disclaimer: I don't consider this a "fishing" trip, it's more of a harvest. This is due to the methods used which im not going to get in to, other than its bottom bouncing and the colour at the terminal end has no impact on the catching.

Well I happened to be in town so I took advantage of trying to harvest a few fish for the freezer. The first few outings were unsuccessful, with a few sparse hookups and no fish landed. The fourth outing was yhe one and it took me under an hour to get my limit. The bar was busy but everyone was catching fish. It was nice to see people getting along as the combat style fishing can be frustrating. And really noce to be able to put a couple fish in the freezer.

A quick tip that helped with my landing ratio (went from 3 hookups and none landed to 3 for 3) was changing to a sickle style hook. Those hooks weren't popping out so easily. I was using a 1/0 size which worked great.

No comments:

Post a Comment